Best Smoothie Makers UK 2016
|Breville Active-Blend||300 watts||Affordable||Learn More|
|Andrew James 4 In 1||220 watts||Affordable||Learn More|
|Kenwood SB055||300 watts||Affordable||Learn More|
|Duronic BL1200||350 watts||Affordable||Learn More|
|Russell Hobbs 21350||300 watts||Affordable||Learn More|
There are many powerful blenders in the market today. With the relatively new and stylish mini blenders which offer convenience more than anything else; there has been a significant drop in the price of blenders today. A good thing for us consumers, and not such a good thing for the manufacturers who compete on price to win our business!
While the “mini blenders” are a lot more affordable than the fully loaded, high-end blenders, they will never have the sheer power to blitz the foods that the blenders do! At the same time, if all we are looking to do is make the odd smoothie and not use it for anything else (like making soup, food processing, chopping, churning etc.), then why pay the premium prices for the high-end blenders?
Top Five Best Blenders For Smoothies.
I personally have a smoothie blender which is separate from my other blenders and food processors. I own a Blend-Active and use it on a daily basis for my smoothies before work and it is so amazingly easy and good to use; I do find myself looking forward to using it daily. Without giving my review away in the introduction, please see below the write-up’s.
Breville Blend Active Review
As covered in this post, the Blend-Active is the best blender for smoothies in the market today, and for good reason! It is affordable, it is powerful, it is easy and hey, it just works! (sorry Apple, but it can blitz you, amongst other fruits too! – see what I did there?!)
As I have gone into detail for the Blend-Active in the above linked post, I will keep this review short and sweet!
The best features on why to go for the Blend Active;
- Easy to use
- Easy to clean – once done, put the bottle in the dishwasher
- A very good quality build (despite the cheap price for the blender)
- Comes with 2 bottles which are a very good size, ideal for a gym bag
- Small physical footprint – 124 x 128mm and a height of 370mm – it will sit snug in the corner of your counter top when not in use
- It is cheaper than its peers as well as being very effective
As per my review and I may be a little biased as I own one myself, but this is the perfect blender. The best blender you will ever buy if you are looking to only make smoothies and are an active person. It is powerful enough to crush ice cubes and frozen vegetables as well and it is very easy to use. This, along with the fact that it is dishwasher safe, small in size and has slim shaker bottles which look good and fit nicely in your gym bag or car drink holder; makes the Blend-Active the Best Blender For Smoothies In 2015!
Andrew James 4 in 1 Multifunctional 1 Litre Smoothie Maker
Now this is a very interesting product and the second best blender of 2015. It boasts of being a good blender as well as being a grinder and a juicer all for under £30.00!
The smoothie maker has a large bottle capacity of 1 litres so your can blend more in a single blitz! Very easy to use and still powerful at 220 watts, the smoothie maker is as versatile with its powerful blades, as it is user friendly.
The Best Features;
- The smoothie attachment to create fresh smoothies, iced teas and great tasting milk shakes
- The grinder attachment to grind coffee beans, nuts, spices, bread crumbs as well as oats or baby food
- The blender attachment to blend and puree sauces, dressings, marinades, juices chutneys and satays.
- The juicer attachment to juice all kinds of fruits with ease and add ice to make a perfect refreshing drink
- Detachable blades making for easy cleaning
- Two speed settings depending on the task at hand
A very good blender indeed. Don’t let the power at 220 watts put you off as where it lacks in power, it makes up in function. This is a very versatile blender, it can do a lot more than just make smoothies and it is easy to use and clean.
My only comment is, being a lower wattage than the Breville (and the others), it doesn’t seem to blend the fruit quite as smooth as the Blend-Active. For versatility, a very good buy!
Kenwood SB055 Smoothie 2GO Review
A great machine, with a low price tag but good build and received very well amongst its customers, The SB055 Smoothie 2GO delivers and does it very well!
- 300 watt motor – giving you smooth, smooth smoothies with its power to blitz!
- 2 x 500ml goblets – spill proof cups with lids to take wit you on your travels.
- The ability to crush ice, for that perfect fruit smoothie blended with ice on a summers day to cool you off!
- 2 speeds as well as a pulse mode – letting you mix your smoothies as fine or as textured as you may like.
- Compact design with minimal foot print so doesn’t take up much space on your kitchen top
- Easy to clean – dishwasher safe
The SB055 Smoothie 2GO is a great blender for smoothies, it has all the convenience characteristics that we need bar a few small flaws. The first one being, it will struggle with frozen vegetables, while it handles ice very well (assuming they are fairly small ice cubes), things like frozen greens and carrots aren’t recommended. The goblets it comes with are a little too wide for my gym bag pocket and not convenient as I would like. On the plus point, it has adjustable speed settings and a pulse mode which the Blend-Active lacks.
A good blender and a must if you want to be able to control the speed and have the ability to pulse your drinks.
Duronic BL1200 Review
With a very powerful motor at 350 watts, and the ability to auto clean, along with adjustable speed settings makes the BL1200 another very good buy!
- 350 watt motor – very powerful and you can see when it blends fruits, ice and vegetables
- 1.8 litre jug to get the most of your blending
- Auto-clean feature – a very clever feature as far as blenders go! After you’re done making your drink, you simply add water and press the “auto clean” button. It will then clean itself, you then simply rinse and wipe and you’re done. A great feature!
- Ice crushing. The BL1200 crushes ice very easily, easier than the other blenders – due to its more powerful motor.
- Soup maker – the BL1200 also makes soup very well.
A very good blender, very powerful and versatile. It can do all the things the other blenders can do, with more power and a great added function of auto clean.
The BL1200 falls into a slightly higher price bracket, but you will get what you pay for. This isn’t a blender for those only interested in a quick smoothie – although it can still do that; it will also do a whole lot more!
Russell Hobbs 21350 Mix and Go Blender Review
A very stylish little blender and (in my opinion) the best looking of all the blenders in this post. The 21350 will look great in your kitchen, providing your other appliances are white – of course!
Dishwasher safe blades, 300 watts of power to blend, 2 x slim bottles with a little holder; another great blender for smoothies!
The dishwasher safe blades/bottle makes it easy to clean. The blades are powerful enough to crush ice and frozen vegetables without an issue and the slim, leak-proof bottles are handy for when you are on the move!
No buttons on this machine, it works on pressure. You press the bottle down on the blender and it blends.
A good blender as far as power and convenience goes but it lacks the robust build of the Blend-Active and even the SB055.
- Nutri Ninja Vs Nutribullet
- Best Blender For Green Smoothies
- Breville Blend-Active Vs NutriBullet
- What Are Good Blenders In UK
- What Is The Best Blender For Smoothies In UK
Read more about Cheap Blenders For Smoothies – Reviewing The Best Of 2016 on Best Blender Reviews.